Alton Browns YouTube video on cooking delmonico, ribeye or any other quality steak
1. Use cast iron frying pan about 10 inch.
2. Get oven to 500 degrees and cast iron frying pan to 500 degrees.
3. Rub olive or canola oil on both sides of steak
4. Rub kosher salt and pepper on both sides of steak
5. Using tongs place steak on frying pan and seer for 90 seconds
6. Using tongs flip steak for another 90 seconds
7. Place frying pan in hot oven for 75 to 90 seconds
8. Using tongs flip steak and back in oven for 75 to 90 seconds.